Workshop / 18.9.2019 - 19.9.2019
Workshop Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing 2019
Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing Technologies gain more and more interest in industry due potential of cost reduction for mass production. Different printing approaches like »Metal Binder Jetting« or »Metal Fused Filament Fabrication« have come up to print parts. The required subsequent sintering step is common to all processes.
In this Workshop we will discuss the challenges and opportunities of serial production of Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing technologies along the value chain. Our speakers from industry provide insights into the topics »Metal Binder Jetting« and »Metal Fused Filament Fabrication« from the user's point of view; complemented by the presentation of current results from applied research and a panel discussion on »Future expectations for industrialisation of sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing«.
Our main topics are:
- Overview of the available Sinter-Based AM Technologies
- Requirements and expectations as well as applications and visions on the future of Sinter-Based AM technologies from the user's point of view
- Technical possibilities and economic potential of Metal Binder Jetting
- Current state of serial production of Metal Binder Jetting
- Material and process development for Metal Fused Filament Fabrication
- Enabling technologies like simulation and furnace technology
We also give workshop participants the opportunity for intensive exchange and networking. During a laboratory tour various printing technologies will be demonstrated and the topics will be presented vividly.