International Air Show / June 22, 2022 - June 26, 2022
ILA Berlin 2022
Fraunhofer IFAM will be presenting innovations for the aerospace industry at the Fraunhofer AVIATION & SPACE booths at the International Aerospace Exhibition ILA 2022. The main focus of our R&D content in Hall 4 will be on the development and use of new polymeric materials, automated manufacturing and production techniques, and technologies. We will also showing a pioneering battery technology for electric flying. In both Hall 4 and Hall 6, we will show a novel barrier coating for hydrogen tanks that can be used in aerospace applications.
- Bio-based and biodegradable fiber reinforced composites for cabin interiors
- Plasma pretreatment of thermoplastics
- Fabrication of integral frames from thermoplastics
- Robotic 3D printing as an automated joining technology for the assembly of thermoplastic integral frames
- Virtual demonstrator on highly automated joining and assembly processes for thermoplastic aircraft structures
- Solid-state batteries for electric flight
- Barrier coatings for hydrogen tanks
In Hall 1, you will also find us at the HYDROGENERATION booth with developments for the hydrogen economy such as POWERPASTE as an energy carrier for use in drones.