Workshop / 09/18/2019 - 09/19/2019
Workshop Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing 2019
Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing Technologies gain more and more interest in industry due to their potential for cost reduction in mass production. Different printing approaches like "Metal Binder Jetting" or "Metal Fused Filament Fabrication" have been developed for printing parts. A subsequent sintering step is required for all processes.
In this workshop we will discuss the challenges and opportunities of serial production with Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing technologies along the value chain. Industrial specialists will provide insights into the topics "Metal Binder Jetting" and "Metal Fused Filament Fabrication" from the user's point of view. The programme is complemented by the presentation of current results from applied research and a panel discussion on "Future expectations for industrialisation of sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing".
Our main topics are:
- Overview of the available Sinter-Based AM Technologies
- Requirements and expectations as well as applications and visions on the future of Sinter-Based AM technologies from the user's point of view
- Technical possibilities and economic potential of Metal Binder Jetting
- Current state of serial production with Metal Binder Jetting
- Material and process development for Metal Fused Filament Fabrication
- Enabling technologies like simulation and furnace technology
Workshop participants will have the opportunity for intensive exchange and networking. During the Fraunhofer IFAM lab tour, various printing technologies will be demonstrated and the topics will be presented vividly.
In preparation for the workshop, we also offer a tutorial on Sinter-Based Additive Manufacturing on September 18th.