The business unit Energy and Thermal Management possesses a modern thermo-technical laboratory providing variable fluids and high-quality measurement technology:
- thermal and fluidic characterization of materials, structures and prototypic components,
- generation and temperature control (-40 °C … 600 °C) of defined gaseous flows by means of mass flow controllers (air, up to 250 l/min),
- generation and temperature control (-40 °C … 200 °C) of defined liquid flows (water, silicone oil),
- pressure, temperature, flow and velocity measurement of gases and liquids,
- thermal conductivity measurement of variable materials and cellular materials in particular - steady-state plate method,
- transient hot disk method,
- high-performance, transportable thermography system (up to 2,200 °C, resolution 40 μm, picture frequency up to 60 Hz).
The long-time know-how in measuring as well as the excellent technical equipment in the business unit ensure topmost accuracy, generalisability and, therefore, the ability to extrapolate the gained results.