Metallic materials with tailored properties
Powder metallurgical technologies offer unique opportunities to realize properties and special property combinations in materials and components. The focus of our developments is on improving and expanding the range of properties of materials and components as well as their economical and resource-saving production.
The wide range of powder metallurgical manufacturing options are used for a wide variety of material developments or are specifically further developed or adapted. Here, we present some of the material concepts that are the focus of our research work.
- Electrode materials
- High-temperature materials
- Composite materials
- Lightweight metals
- Magnetic materials
- Magnetocaloric materials
- Metal hydrides for reversible H2 storage
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Metal foams, cellular metallic materials and composite foams
- Sintered and composite materials
- Composites by means of thermal joining processes
- Materials for tribological stress
- Materials for energy conversion and storage