Techniques and processes for the functionalization and modification of surfaces
The experts at Fraunhofer IFAM have extensive knowledge in the targeted modification and functionalization of surfaces. This includes cleaning and activation as well as appropriate pre-treatment prior to painting and bonding. The requirements for technical surfaces are diverse and depend on the respective application. For example, work is being done on developments for corrosion-protective, flow-optimized, ice- and dirt-repellent, antibacterial, biocompatible or with anti-fouling properties. Specific tribological, optical or electrical requirements as well as the sensing of surfaces can also be served.
Here you will find an initial overview of the processes and functionalizations that our scientists have mastered and that we use to address your specific questions.
- Wet-chemical surface treatments
- Dry chemical processes: Plasma technology, VUV technology and abrasive technologies
- Functional paints and coatings
- Printing technologies
- Corrosion protection
- Biofunctional surfaces and bioanalytics
- Cross-technology consulting for the implementation of surface functions