Friction and Wear Test Stand
Tribological stresses often occur in connection with high temperatures, chemically aggressive media or dynamic loadings. This results in the demand for different, usually even contrary material properties. Today, a wide range of high-quality materials is available for tribological applications - from polymer composites to metals and ceramics. All these materials have advantages, but also limitations.
The many years of experience in the field of production and application of powder metallurgical materials for tribological applications are enriched at Fraunhofer IFAM Dresden by the possibility of in-depth tribological analyses. For this purpose, two high-performance tribometers are available, with which both model and component tests can be realized. The flexible choice of sample geometry and test parameters allows a pre-selection or evaluation of material pairings for special tribosystems in model tests already. Thus, the effort for aggregate or test bench tests can be limited, so costs can be saved.
Tribological Test Possibilities
- Test load up to 5000 N
- Maximum torque 10 Nm
- Rotation right/left up to 8.000 U/min
- Heating of the test arrangement up to approx. 300 °C
- Testing in inert gas, liquid or abrasive media and increased humidity
- Friction pairing can be released cyclically, combined with rotary speed ramps
- Superposition of rotary motion with vibration (10 to 100 Hz)
- Stop-braking with electronic flywheel mass simulation
- Oscillation ( change of rotation direction between 1° and 350°)